Travel grants for Ukrainian journalists
This is an opportunity to improve skills at a professional event in the EU. Get an internship at a Berlin media outlet, gather information for a story in a Polish archive, or meet colleagues at a counter-propaganda conference in the Czech capital — the choice is yours. Organisers will cover expenses so money doesn't get in the way of your progress.
The programme is managed by the International Press Institute (IPI) with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- The opportunity to independently plan a professional trip to the EU so that it brings you maximum benefit.
- From USD 500 to USD 2,500 for travel, accommodation, meals, visas, insurance and event tickets.
- If needed, help in finding a partner among the IPI network in Europe, particularly the Central European Network of Independent Media.
This grant is for Ukrainian journalists who:
- Live in Ukraine or were forced to go abroad.
- Are freelancers or work in the media.
- After the trip, you will need to report the trip and report the expenses. Store train tickets, hotel bills, etc.