Environment and nature conservation: research internship in Germany
This is an internship for graduates of Ukrainian universities who research the issues of nature and environmental protection. The organisers will select an appropriate host institution that best meets the needs of your project and provide a scholarship to cover your stay in Germany.
The internship will last from 6 to 12 months.
The programme is carried out by the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU). This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukrainians.
Learn more information
- Monthly allowance of EUR 1,250 to cover accommodation and meals
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- Several weeks of intensive German course in Osnabrück before the beginning of the stay at the host institution
- Invitation to the German Environmental Award and other important events of the DBU
- Networking between fellows and alumni via the online platform Stipnet
- Yearly meetings of alumni in Ukraine
- Ukrainian citizenship and residence in Ukraine
- above-average Master’s degree obtained within the last three years
- environmental relevant and applied topic (for the home country, the EU or globally)
- very good German or English language skills
- Description of a topic you would like to work on in Germany
- Copies of university diplomas
- Written statement by an academic advisor from Ukraine; alternatively by a supervisor
- German or English language certificate
If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview.
- Graduates of all disciplines are eligible to apply.
- If you do not have German language skills on a good level, you can apply and pass the interview in English. Sufficient knowledge of the German language needs to be proven at the beginning of the stay at the host institution.
- PhD students are eligible if the PhD thesis is not completed during the internship.
- Travel costs to Germany must be paid by the fellows themselves.